Wednesday, February 13, 2008

If you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all

....and that's my excuse for not posting in so long. It's been a whirlwind of one not so good thing after another.

The holiday season for my family was a rough one, with the loss of another one of my aunts and me being in the hospital (twice)....and despite my hope, the new year didn't change any of that around. I won't bore you with a list of things I can't change or do anything about right now but ya all know what they say "when it rains it pours" and I'm talking a hailstorm.

On to the something good, well good enough to get a post out of me anyway ;). We have secured the house for our trip to Florida in July. YAY! I'm not kidding when I say it's the only thing that is keeping me going right now...just knowing I get to run away, if only for a month puts a smile on my face. I'd be smiling a lot bigger if I was going to France with Monette and Chris :P but they'll eventually have to go back and maybe next time they'll take me with *big cheesy grin*.

So last week I tried a new spin on lasagna. It turned out excellent. Lasagna rolls...stuffed with ricotta and spinich sauteed in garlic and olive oil, topped with a hearty sauce made of tomatoes, green peppers, onion, garlic and bite size pieces of italian sausage simmered with herbs and spices for two hours and topped with mozzerella and parmasian cheeses then baked.







Oh....I'm starting a windowsill herb garden, I have never been good with keeping things alive but I'm going try my best. I planted a few...ones I love the smell of and use most: Rosemary, Cilantro, Sweet Basil, Green Onions and Oregano, if these survive I'll try a few more ;).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm can me and Ko come over for dinner! Laura

12:07 PM  
Blogger Moon said...

OMG A NEW POST!! hehe,
that food looks great, did it taste as good as it looked?
Oh, hey, when we win the loto, we plan to buy a house in france, maybe even his grandmothers huge home, to make a B&B...ya never know! So if that ever happens, u are always welcome!!!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home