Saturday, January 07, 2006

Say goodbye to the Pig and the Cow

I'm cooking alot of meatless food now that John's mom lives with us. She can't have pork or red meat because of her gout being so bad. She wasn't able to walk for over a week. So it's basically chicken and seafoood that I have to work with...which is soooo hard for me. I don't eat seafood (don't look at me like that!) and what is it like to be Puerto Rican and not eat pork? Lemme tell ya it's not natural ;). I was never much for red meat anyhow but I like it every now and again and I use ground beef alot too so now I'll have to substitute ground turkey for those dishes. We'll all get used to it. I'll still make pork chops and steak every now and again and just grill her some salmon or butter/garlic shrimp in it's place. I guess I'm going to have to look up some new recipes.

Tonight I made manicotti (stuffed with ricotta and spinach), cesear salad and garlic cheese bread. It was really good but I wanted a New York Strip Steak :P.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Witch Doctor said...

OMG... I would so die on that type of diet.. I feel for ya girl... I mean I love seafood...not big on the whole fish thing but I love seafood... but damn I wouldn't be able to say good bye to the pig or the cow... I love my steaks and frankly every fat girl knows that pig fat rules ;)

Good Luck hun...

10:54 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Pig Fat does rule, and how can you live life without a burger. Burgers are the greatest thing on earth.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Moon said...

I think you're awesome...making changes to help John's mom and actualy John aswell since he suffers from gout ...
I love red meat and pork too but a little less can only be better for everyone lol..as long as u can have your fix once in awhile its a great thing lol.....Good work Anna..hugs 0x0x0x0

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a fun and easy chicken and rice dish that can be easily altered for variety... I'll post it on my blog at
www.m72ga.blogspot.com
Sounds to me like you could use a chef... will you be interviewing for the position?

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home