Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I still get rounded down

Last night we went to see Lionel Richie perform at the Sears Centre. Let me tell you that I wasn't too thrilled about going to the concert but I was happy to be getting out...when you have kids even going to the grocery store is considered OUT.

Anyway, I was messing with John when I told him that because he is 5 years older than I am that this was probably way cooler for him than it was for me :p I know, I'm evil sometimes...but it's true, he gets rounded up to 40 while I still get rounded down to 30! At least for another 8 months or so ;).

Chaka Khan opened for him so we sorta HAD to endure her screeching for 40 minutes. She wasn't horrible but it wasn't good either. I'm gonna blame her sound system just a lil. It took them an hour to take the stage down and prepare it for Lionel and his band so we got to enjoy the wonderful satay they were serving in the lounge area by the bar. What can I tell you I'm a sucker for Thai food.

I was hoping that he'd at least sing "Hello" because that song alone would have made the whole night worth it...and you know what, he began the concert with it. Who'd of guessed that he'd choose Hello to start the show *insert Anna is a retard look here*. Hehehe. So yeah, I was pleased with that. He sang a few old songs and yep as much as I tried not to I just had to sing along ;). Then he sang two of his new ones and of course he made sure to sing some from when he was in the Commodores. I'm going to reluctantly admit that I even knew most of those...with the exception of maybe one. OMG I really am old! He ended the concert with "All night long" which I danced to on the way out. It was a two hour show and I enjoyed almost all of it except the last half hour or so when this guy a few rows back, who had a bit too much to drink during the break, started screaming to the point where I finally had to turn around and politely ask him to shut the fuck up. Even with that, I'm glad I went because for the most part I had a nice time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a feeling you must have had to have been dancing on the ceiling. Ok its cheesy but within the topic. I am glad that you had a night out and that you had fun (especially the Thai food).

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop using that abacus, Anna. Your methods of rounding down show err in your logic. You forgot to carry one...(heck, you knew the lyrics to "Brick Home" and I didn't!) the correct answer is that you are in your late 30s and much closer to your early 40s. :^P

11:56 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Stop pretending you don't know that it's "Brick House" John ;).

....and you only increase the digit by one if the number is more than five.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/rounding-numbers.html

5:33 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

LMAO...the both of you!!
Glad u had a good time. I would have paid to see u tell that drunk guy to shut the fuck up lol.
ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! lol

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home