Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Colorful

Writing this post makes me think of my friend Gene for a few reasons...he loves to cook just as much as I do (when I need a good recipe he scouts one out for me) and he's the one who sent me the song Colorful-The Verve Pipe a few years ago and it was the first thing I thought of as a title for this post, funny how it just fit so this one's for you Gene.
Bistek en Salsa - Pepper Steak in sauce
Traditionally, when cooking this dish you would usually use olive oil, red wine vinegar and seasonings but because so many people love this dish and ask my mom how to make it she made the recipe even simpler by just having people cook the meat in Italian dressing to tenderize and season it all in one step.
Cut up your peppers and onions and set them aside then slice up your steak into strips. Heat up the pan and add the steak and 1 cup of Italian dressing to it and cook until the dressing is mostly gone(this step tenderizes the meat).
Add the peppers and onions, one packet of Sazon and sprinkle on some Adobo (both these seasonings are made by Goya) and they are optional. You can always just add some salt and pepper to it if you don't want the traditional spanish flavor. Add two cans of tomato sauce and cover, let simmer for 20 minutes.
The wonderful smell fills the whole house as it's cooking.

This dish is served over a bed of white rice. It can also be served over maduros which is the way my son Josh loves it. Traditionally it's eaten with tostones.

It was delicious!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ustice said...

Very cool. (I like the pictures too). You should post the recipe in a compact form with it too. Are you going to be posting more like this?

8:28 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

HOLY MULTIPAL ORGASMS....I MEAN...POSTS, BATMAN!!
That looks yummy..the kids look great on the other post and that bread can almost be smelled all the way to here lol! I don't dare get a bread maker lol, I love bread too much as it is...trying to cut down...I know my mom loves her bread machine.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That dish looks absolutely well in the words of Rachael Ray - yummo. I would also like to say that's it great to be thought of in such a wonderful manner. Once again, you have literally painted a picture of what you are saying.

12:39 PM  
Blogger The Witch Doctor said...

Ok I gotta say I like this whole "Cooking With Anna" thing ya got going on, ya make me wanna cook something other then mac n' cheese out of a box.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Ustice said...

So, what's next on the menu? Its been a while since I have seen you on, or even seen you blog. How are ya?

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home