Saturday, October 16, 2004

How do you keep the music playing?

I went to my cousin's 30th birthday party on friday night and it was great to see my family, especially my cousin Michael who flew in from Florida for the party. As I sat there I started to think about a few things....surrounded by my cousins all these emotions and thoughts just filled my head. We were a very tight family and now were all grown up and most of us have our own kids and doing our own thing. Everything is so different now, so many changes. The bonds that used to hold our family together have been lost...not only physical loses but spiritual ones too. I just sat there loving them so much and wishing that we got to see other other as often as we used to. I just want to laugh with them and hug them and never let them go.

So today I go to a wedding and Im sitting there enjoying the ceremony and watching people. Again I start thinking, this time about love. Yep, love..not so weird a thing to be thinking about at a wedding right? A conversation with a friend of mine came to mind as I watch the bride and groom sing to one another...walking toward eachother with that look, everyone knows the look I'm talking about. I glance over at John and a rush of things pass through my mind, still all the while the conversation my friend and I had is playing back. He told me that love is something you have to keep deciding to do everyday. I didn't understand the meaning of that completely until right that very minute.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Witch Doctor said...

"love is something you have to keep deciding to do everyday"

OMG that is Sooooo true...

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home