Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The bald and the beautiful

The months are literally flying by it seems, summer is just around the corner, Yay! As you all know I am not much a fan of the hot humid days that summer brings but waking up at 6:30am everyday during the school year bites so I welcome summer just for the sleeping in part :P.

Josh was a shavee for St. Baldrick's. He shaved his head to help raise money for childhood cancer. Since Josh volunteered his head, Rosie and Jonathan did the actual fundraising part and so far they've raised $51. You can still help by going to the site to sponsor him. He looks good bald because he's got a nicely shaped head *laughs* but it's growing back fast.

I have been busy in the kitchen trying out new toys *big cheesy grin*. I finally got my pasta maker and a waffle maker too. The kids will never go back to frozen waffles again, they are so spoiled now.

My first attempt at the pasta maker wasn't a failure but I will have to work at the consistency of the dough, the fettuccini kind of stuck together some. I am going to try to make ravioli this weekend so I'll let you know how that turns out. An update on the herbs, sad to report that they aren't doing very well but hey, I warned you guys that my thumb was far from green. The only two hanging on are the cilantro and the green onions.

There are just a few things left on my kitchen wishlist, I need a potato ricer (for crispier homemade hashbrowns), a digital quick read thermometer, a grill press and the big one...a new stove. The one I've got now is whimpy, I need some more power and what I wouldn't give for it to have a center griddle/grill (notice how I put a grill press on the wishlist before I ask for the new stove, that way I'll HAVE to get one with a grill in the middle) *evil grin*.

I would also love to get a brand new set of pots, a really good set but that can wait, what I'm working with now isn't too bad since I updated a few of the essential pieces. I got a new Calphalon wok and a Circulon deep skillet which I use everyday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you're happy sweetheart, buy anything that you want. I'll get it for you.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Ustice said...

Lingerie and kitchen appliances are two things that generally men don't mind getting for their wives/girlfriends (assuming they can afford it...). After all, it's a win-win!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a tall order. Perhaps if you are nice maybe Santa will bring you most of that stuff for Christmas. LOL The stove is the most definite item needed because that's where the magic happens.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, I've been wanting a set of Le Cruset pots for years. An old friend has a set and they're absolutely the best cooking tools you can have.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

OMG u cooking fool you! After all that, all u will then need is a baker lmao! YOu are such a terrific cook, but it has always made me laugh when u say u cant bake to save your own life gf!

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home