Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'll always remember his smile

Those of you that are close to me already know that the past few weeks have been really hard on me emotionally. I flew to Lubbock, Texas twice to be with my uncle who was very ill. As I sat there every day holding his hand, talking to him, reassuring him that he wasn't alone, all I could think about was the incredible pain he was in and wishing I could somehow take it away with my touch...with my love.

He passed away Thanksgiving morning but I knew he was gone the night before, I felt him leaving. I am angry that he is gone. He should not have died at such an young age, his body became toxic because of a drug he probably shouldn't have been on in the first place. Despite the reason why he was sick I am thankful that he is no longer suffering.
He was not only my uncle he was also my godfather. He never married and had no children of his own so I was the closest thing to a child he had. He was a very giving person, funny and loved animals. He helped anyone and everyone who was in need. He'd welcome you into his home and feed you...sound familiar :) and if you had no where to go you were welcome to stay, my grandmother named him appropriately, he is an angel.
Uncle Angelo, I love you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From babylon dictionary:

angelo (m) noun. angel, spirit servant of God

I feel your pain and wish I can do something. I can only find comfort in knowing that he is no longer in pain and that he did not leave this world alone. He was blessed to have people that loved him by his side. He will be missed.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

I couldn't have said it better then John...You uncle knew u were there..knew he was loved and knew he wasn't alone. I am so thankful for you and him that you were able to be there for him ....Hugs my friend, I am sorry for your loss, but I am also thankful that he is no longer suffering.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home