Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The greatest sacrifice

I started out writing this blog post complaining about being sick for the past few days and not being appreciated but after getting the call from a family friend this evening informing us that John's godbrother Kenny was shot and killed last night everything else doesn't seem to matter anymore. http://www.koaa.com/video/news/index.asp?cat=news&id=6055

John is taking this very hard because they were very close growing up, like brothers almost. John is an only child so these people are his family. The very first thing I did after hearing the news is call my cousin. It's weird how one never realizes how much danger an officer puts themselves in each and everyday.


2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I am sorry to hear about your family's loss. Hugs to you all.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Moon said...

OMG, I am so sorry to hear this. I feel so bad that I hadn't read this before today. My heart goes out to John and U and your families.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home